The bones that make up our body are the support that we rely on to go about our daily tasks and thus they bear a lot of the stress of our daily lives.
Restricted or constricted areas of the body – (areas which are not moving normally or are “strangled” or “squeezed”) may be present in the following systems:
- musculoskeletal [back pain...]
- respiratory [asthma..]
- cardiovascular [hypertension..]
- digestive [IBS, Crohn’s, Colitis...]
- reproductive [Infertility...]
- nervous [stress, anxiety...]
Osteopathic Manual Practitioners seek to identify and then gently ease the restrictions or constrictions so the body can function normally again. We use a range of different techniques to help improve your bodily function, but we never use drugs or other invasive methods. Everything is always all-natural.
Manual osteopathy is based on 4 basic principles:
- Each structure in the body supports the body’s functions. If a structure is damaged, out of place or otherwise not working properly, the body will not function at its best.
- The natural flow of the body’s fluids – lymphatic, vascular, and neurological – must be preserved and maintained
- The human body is the sum of its parts.
Itsphysical, emotional, social, spiritual, and cognitive systems don’t work independently - they work in harmony.
- When the body has no restrictions, it has the inherent ability to heal itself.
Osteopathic Manual Practitioners recognize that a patient is an integrated whole. When all of the body’s components are in balance, a person is complete and in total health.
When should I see an osteopath?
Although our certified team members are adept at solving a wide range of issues that relate to your bones, muscles, and joints, the most common reasons that people in the Toronto area visit our osteopaths are:
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hips, leg, or pelvic pain
- Injuries or Posture issues
With a visit to our
* We offer direct insurance billing.
Contact us for more information about our osteopathy services at 416.366.1710